Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

More Diablo III

I just beat the game on Nightmare last night and ready to start Hell. My second play through as a wizard was actually more fun that the first, because while in Normal I was able to build my character to do tons of damage and try out different builds around that idea, I died only a handful of times. In Nightmare I had to adjust and make my wizard more survivable, but it proved to be more challenging and rewarding; it is rare that a game's second play through is more fun than the first. At the end of Nightmare, it started to get fairly easy and I can see why people in higher modes dread making a new character and powering through all the difficulties to get to Hell and above.

On Sunday's I usually post my last finished short story, but I decided to take a week break to relax and prevent a burn out. I will take breaks whenever I feel like I need to cultivate ideas or feel like my work will be too forced. This means that Round #4 story will be delayed probably until this Sunday, and that the results of Round #5 will be posted next week.  I am going to attempt to distance myself from Diablo III in order to get your story delivered. The upside to my recent binge is that like most new exposures to new art and entertainment, my head is swimming with ideas for fantasy settings. I can't decide what my best genre is as I feel comfortable writing modern, fantasy, and science fiction.

Season 2 Episode 8 of Game of Thrones reminded me of why the books are so awesome. I nearly forgot what happens at the end of Clash of Kings, but remembered vividly once I got about ten minutes into the episode. For the sake of avoiding spoilers, I'll keep my fanboy level at a 2. I just hope it does my imagination while I was reading it justice, but so far, the show has done a solid job...

Currently I am working on something with a fellow creative mind. I can't say much, but it will be freaking sweet when it is finished. More to come...

1 comment:

  1. I am experiencing the same thing with my wizard. Steam rolled everything in Normal, and sometimes I even found my self nodding off during combat because it was so easy. Now I have to pay attention, and switch up my skills for different encounters.

    ReplyDelete