Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Shepard

Lately Bioware has made a lot of updates about the backlash of Mass Effect 3's ending. This most recent says to me that they aren't going to change the terrible ending: Their Blog. I got over the ending...for the most part. I realized a week after beating it that if they were to change the ending it would probably be a feckless thing in the end. The toothpaste is already out of the tube.


Basically that.
Now that I have settled down about one of the most anti-climatic video game endings in history, I have had time to think. Generally, when I speak to fans, they have the same belief about the ending: it did not make sense and it did match the sum of all the work put into it; it felt rushed. Most everyone I have talked to hated the ending and will probably never forget it... It's embedded.

But what if this... What if...that was BioWare's point from the very start? What if BioWare wanted us all to be brought together under one common banner, a banner to hate the ending to the series? That would mean that Shepard really did do his job, but not in game, in our lives. Think about it... If the majority of people are united in the decision that the ending sucked, then that would also mean that everyone was brought together. If this was BioWare's true intention, it was brilliant. I doubt that was the case, but what if...?

The Shepard brought the flock of Mass Effect fans together under one shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment